On the 14th September, 165 agency heads and senior client marketers descended on Picturehouse Central in Piccadilly, to explore how changes in the media landscape have effected Modern Marketing Leadership. Our panel of senior marketers gave an insightful view into the shifts they have embraced in recent years; from the importance of inspiring a younger generation, to the shift from a product to a customer led strategy.
Our heavy-hitting panel:
- Jackie Lee Joe – CMO at BBC Worldwide
- Pete Markey – Brand Comms & Marketing Director at Aviva
- Margaret Jobling – Director of Brand Marketing at British Gas
- Reuben Arnold – Senior VP, Marketing & Customer Experience at Virgin Atlantic
creativebrief MD Charlie Carpenter, kicked off the event with the official launch of the new BITE page on creativebrief. This update moves BITE from a monthly briefing to a daily feed of creative inspiration, intelligence and marketing trends for both agency and brand audiences.
The highlights video will give you a glimpse into the ideas explored by our panel:
Here are the key take-outs:
- Reuben Arnold explained the importance of building a team who are naturally curious and keen to lean from how other brands are behaving in the market.
- “If you’re in any role at any level and you think you know it all, it’s a hugely dangerous place,” said Pete Marke, on the importance of a two-way learning relationship between the CMO and wider team.
- The need to understand non-linear customer journeys on a global scale is the new challenge, said Jackie Lee-Joe.
- Aviva’s output has shifted from a 99% traditional TV broadcast model, to a 50/50 spilt between TV and content.
- British Gas are making real strides in moving from a product based business, to a customer led organisation with brand at the heart.
Read Marketing Week’s coverage of the event by clicking on the image below:
— Charlotte Rogers (@Chardy_Rogers) September 14, 2016
— Gravity Thinking (@GravityThinking) September 14, 2016
— John Doe (@WhatJohnDoeSays) September 14, 2016
— Marketing Week Mag (@MarketingWeekEd) September 14, 2016
We hope to see you at our next event – BITE LIVE will be back on 9th Nov taking over an entire day at the Barbican Centre, with best in class case studies presented by client and agency teams, inspirational speakers, hands-on discovery masterclasses and much more. For more information, please see the event page.