- Promote ABB Formula E partnership to position ABB as a global technology pioneer with a vision for the future
- Drive brand awareness and educate on ABB technology with a focus on electric mobility and Smart City innovations
- Reinforce reputation with B2B audience and broaden awareness amongst Formula E interested public in primary markets: US, Germany and China as well as secondary markets: Switzerland, Austria, India, Sweden, France & UK
- Segmented Formula E’s Twitter audience (using Fifty platform) to identify two tribes: World Changing Technologists - Professionals interested in tech solutions to environmental challenges & Racing Super Fans - Motorsport zealots interested in racing and car culture
- Produced two short-form content series to book-end each E-Prix and connect with our two distinct tribes pre & post each race:
- Racing for the Future (RFTF) - Featured race / tech insights from Formula E Teams with heavily ABB branded race imagery and appearances by ABB Ambassadors. Distributed 48 hours before race to target Racing Super Fans.
- ABB Pioneers - Identified tech entrepreneurs from Formula E host cities to share their passion/innovations for solving today’s urban challenges with tomorrow’s technologies. Distributed at the end of each E-Prix to bridge the gap to the next E-Prix race to connect with World Changing Technologists
- Managed media buy with ABB media agency for openweb and Fifty for social to enable targeting of tribes and improve content viewership performance from E-Prix to E-Prix
Distributed 521 content assets (from 30 secs to 3 mins in duration) across 13 E-Prix races in Season 5 in English, German, Chinese, French, Italian and Spanish
Generated 10.7m views & +60M impressions. Balanced viewership - 50:50 Openweb vs Social and 55:45 Racing for the Future vs Pioneers) . CPV rate significantly below industry average for +2 mins films.
Highly targeted: 72% of Pioneers views by World Changing Technologists and 68% of RFTF views by Racing Super Fans. 85% of all completed views in primary markets
- 10.7 Million
- of Pioneer views by World Changing Technologists
ABB x Forumula E
Developed short-form content series to promote ABB’s Formula E partnership, targeting B2B & racing audiences. Shared tech insights from teams pre-race and identified tech entrepreneurs from race cities to share their passion for solving today’s urban problems with tomorrow’s tech