3 Monkeys Zeno has worked with Budweiser for over four years, building the global beer brand’s reputation in the UK. Sport, and football specifically, was identified as a key passion point for consumers that drove consumption, and the context to build Budweiser’s brand purpose.
In 2018, Budweiser became The Official Beer of the FIFA World Cup, an opportunity for the brand to connect with fans on a global and national scale. We were tasked with driving earned fame for Budweiser, with the goal of it becoming the most talked about brand of the FIFA 2019 World Cup.
Our strategy was to put fans at the heart of our activity and celebrate multiple euphoric moments leveraging strategic partnerships, media and influencer relationships along the way.
We phased our activity across four core campaigns:
· Blessed Beer, a new product launch, saw a tanker of Budweiser’s finest malt tour the country to be signed and blessed by fans before being bottled and sold in supermarkets. Fronted by Steven Gerrard, we secured an exclusive interview with him and top footballing title JOE.co.uk, followed by widespread coverage
· We then launched a search for the King of Pubs – the most euphoric venue to watch the FIFA World Cup. The winner was awarded Budweiser’s £10,000 Pub Futures grant, securing the future of the winning local for its passionate, football-loving community
· The Bud Boat hosted the most epic viewing parties of the FIFA World Cup on the iconic Thames. We launched its first night with a VIP party, attended by the likes of Millie Mackintosh, Greg Rutherford and Laura Whitmore, and followed up with a fast-paced drumbeat of coverage with national media, including Mail Online, The London Evening Standard and Metro, and organic content on top influencers social channels, positioning the Boat as ‘The’ place to watch the FIFA World Cup
· We then made a truly bold promise to the country - as Budweiser is committed to rewarding fan support and energy, we worked with Steven Gerrard to announce that Budweiser would giveaway free beer to the nation, if England brought the 2018 FIFA World Cup trophy home. The announcement secured widespread coverage with titles including The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Mirror and The Independent
- 3.6 billion
- coverage reach
- total pieces of top tier coverage
- 71.9 million
- influencer reach
- total influencer posts