In support of Worldpay’s transformation from reliable payments provider to fin-tech powerhouse, Golin created the world’s first data-driven press office. We worked with Worldpay’s data analyst team to provide media worthy stories based on data and insights that explain the impact of consumer behaviour on UK businesses.
These stories showed large, medium and small UK businesses how Worldpay’s insights might influence their growth strategy. The relentless year-long coverage was crucial for communicating Worldpay’s business strategy, which in turn lead to their ability to float the UK’s largest IPO in 2015, catapulting them straight into the FTSE 100.
- 500 MEDIA
- Total media coverage increased from 100 to 550 unique stories per year
- 465% VOLUME INCREASE
- Including a 700% increase in enterprise, sector and national articles
- 48% SENTIMENT
- Sentiment towards the Worldpay brand moved from -10% to a positive 48% in 2017
- 34% SHARE OF VOICE
- Share of voice in Tier One media jumped from 6% to 34%
- Best Corporate, Financial and Investor Relations at The PRCA National Awards
- 87% INSIGHTS
- 87% of all stories included Worldpay’s data and business insights
"We've worked with the Golin team for many years and one of the greatest, most rewarding parts of the relationship has been watching the junior account executives blossom into seasoned account directors on our account. Golin really elevated how we use our data for PR, and for that we'll always be grateful. They always turn around rapid responses, with well thought-out commentary and opinion. We've also seen them ideate compelling byline content for us which has generated coverage in all markets across the globe. We've been acquired and therefore need to change suppliers, but its been a wonderful partnership while it lasted. Thank you"
Director of Marketing Communications
52 Weeks of Worldpay
An award-winning, data driven press office packed with proactive, creative news stories that led to quality Tier 1 business, financial and national coverage AND a spot in the FTSE 100