Deliver an event that ‘breaks new ground’ by creating a truly global platform to launch FIFA 20 and VOLTA FOOTBALL, an all new mode celebrating the authentic street culture, creativity, and style of small-sided football.
Our aim was to elevate the FIFA 20 launch into a Global World Premiere that genuinely broke the mould and established the annual FIFA launch as key date in the entertainment calendar.
The whole strategy aimed to turn the Global Premier into the ultimate content playground for creators and media. Star names? Yes! Live music? Yes! Football? Of course! Fashion and street culture? Essential!
We brought together 15 influencer teams, consisting of 90 creators, from across the globe in the first ever ‘EA SPORTS FIFA 20 VOLTA League’.
We opened our own marketplace with trainer customisation, celebrity barbers and streaming sessions.
We recruited football’s biggest talent including Jadon Sancho, Kaka and Trent Alexander-Arnold, facilitating interviews with UK/global press, plus creating content for their channels
We facilitated livestreams for 10 of the biggest FIFA YouTubers, including DJ Mario and Bateson.
....and we closed things off with a 75 minute set from Major Lazer.
The Global Premiere drove 201m views, 6.9m social engagements and 1,304 pieces of output:
• VOLTA Tournament: Tournament output delivered 57m views.
• Major Lazer: 5 interviews placed with key music titles, including Radio1Xtra, plus the performance led to a freestyle battle!
• Social Marketplace: The marketplace generated 527 earned influencer and talent posts, driving 5.2m views
• Live Streams: 10 live streams generated 3.5m views.
• Talent Channels. Edits produced for 6 commercial talent, driving 570k views, with 184 wider talent posts driving 33.4m views.
• Football Partners: Partners, including Man City FC, Liverpool FC and The Premier League, documented the event across social, driving 32m views.
• Earned Media: 105 pieces of output driving 17m views plus 201 social posts.
• Owned Channels: Behind the scenes content told the story to 18.8m fans.
EA SPORTS FIFA 20 became the world's biggest selling entertainment product of 2019.
EA SPORTS FIFA 20 - Global Premiere
160over90 created the first ever EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Premiere; a complete content playground for creators and media. The star studded event featured customisation, competition (on and off the console!) and chaos as Major Lazer took the roof off!