Creativebrief is founded on the principle of helping those involved in the marketing and advertising industry to create exceptional work. We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. By visiting or registering for membership on the Creativebrief website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
Creativebrief UK Limited ('we' or 'us') is the 'data controller' (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Information you provide to us
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be granted full access to our site, its tools or additional services and products that we provide.
- Registration: In order for you to gain full access to the Creativebrief website, or to receive free or paid content alerts via email, you will be required to complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require a selection of basic personal information, as well as a selection of company or agency information where relevant.
- In registering you will be required to give express consent in line with the scope of your personal data you would like us to store and the type of communications you would like to receive from us. See the “Marketing & Email Communications” section below for more on this. If you would like to amend the scope of that consent on any occasion, you can update your preferences by emailing [email protected]
- Click here if you would like to update any of your contact details.
- You can email [email protected] if you would like to receive information on the personal data we hold on you.
- You can email [email protected] if you would like the personal data we hold on you to be deleted.
Use of the data
The personal data we collect is used for administrative management tasks, for example to keep our database up-to-date, for logistical purposes to contact and communicate with registered users, for servicing registered users and helping to keep registered users informed of our activities, and for tracking purposes (for example to analyse who logs in and who accesses parts of this site).
Disclosure to third parties/transfer of personal data abroad
Creativebrief does not disclose or share any personal data about you collected on this site with anyone outside Creativebrief (except in exceptional cases with your explicit consent). Or when required to do so by any statutory obligation or official or court order.
Collection, use and processing of data
Creativebrief.com uses commenting and third-party websites. We use these third-party services to measure the number of visitors to our website, to interact with visitors on the site, and to make our website more useful to visitors.
In such cases, the third-party application may request an email address, username, password, internet protocol (IP) address, and geographic location for account registration or sign-in purposes. Creativebrief.com does not use those third-party websites or services to collect personal information from individuals. Any personal information collected by the third-party website will not be stored or transmitted by Creativebrief.com. Creativebrief.com has no control over or access to specific login information or any other sensitive personal information provide to third-party websites.
When visiting this site, visitors' IP addresses are automatically collected for system administration and statistical purposes in order to optimise the user experience of this site. Depending on the circumstances, collected IP address data may allow conclusions to be drawn about visitor's' interaction with this site.
When Creativebrief transfers IP addresses to an external service-provider (such as a web-design agency, web hosting company or Google Analytics), technical and organisational measures will be taken which guarantee, in so far as it is in Creativebrief’s power, that their transmission occurs in conformity with UK personal data protection legislation.
Your rights and ways to contact Creativebrief
You are entitled to access to your personal data collected by Creativebrief, to rectify them and ask, at any time, for their deletion and to revoke your consent to their use or processing with future effect.
Keeping your data secure
All proprietary or confidential information, including personal data, is contained or stored on computer and any that is contained and stored on manual files is locked up and secure.
We control access to information and personal data, including existing procedures for authorising and authenticating users as well as software controls for restricting access and techniques for protecting data such as encryption.
In respect of detection and investigation of breaches where they occur, we have in place relevant controls which should alert us to a breach in security. We investigate every breach of security.
Access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you. Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices. We store your personal data on secure servers.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance). Such recordings shall be deleted after 3 months.
Website use age restriction
You must be 18 years and older to register to use the Creativebrief website. As a result, Creativebrief does not specifically collect information from anyone below this age. If we learn that Creativebrief has collected information from anyone under the age of 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Any subscribed user found to be under 18 will have his/her membership terminated.